Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Valentine's Present

For Valentine's Day, my hubby bought me new kitchen appliances. A fridge, and a new electric stove. I'm so grateful, because our last 2 stoves were awful-the first one kept making these big popping noises and then going out on us. The second one had one large burner that kept going out as well, and a very small oven with only one rack. It also burned almost everything. Even when I turned it down to low it kept our food happily boiling (burning). It was very frustrating. This...is my new stove. It's a Frigidaire Gallery series freestanding electric range with ceramic cooktop.



Please excuse the blurry pics, there was not much room in my kitchen to take a pic of the front of the stove. My kitchen is pretty small.





Our fridge has been making these terrible groaning noises, mostly at night. It sounds like it is dying a long, slow death. It also freezes just about everything in the fridge compartment. Making salad out of frozen veggies is pretty yucky. They thaw and get all wilted. Ack. William and I were seriously afraid the fridge would go out before we had the money to buy a new one. Thankfully, it didn't. Our new fridge is a Frigidaire, is black and has the same texture as the sides of the stove. They match! Of course, the way the stove is shoved into it's alcove, you can't really tell, but, I think it's kind of fun to have matching appliances. I didn't do it on purpose, they were both on sale, and happened to be going for a really good price.



Autumn wanted to be a in the picture. :0) It has water and ice features too! Yay! I waited so long for a fridge like this!



I think i'm going to have to repaint my kitchen. That yellow is seriously loud against the black appliances. I'm so happy to have a working fridge and a stove that makes cooking enjoyable again! 3 cheers to the best hubby in the world!

No comments: