Friday, August 31, 2007

The Blessing Flower




Jenna came in this morning from the patio with a beautiful
purplish blue morning glory in full bloom.


She looked at me, all rosy cheeked and smiling. "I love
this flower mommy! It blesses me. Everyone should love
flowers and then everyone will be blessed."

Blesses her? I thought. I was wondering where she might
have heard about being blessed?

"Blesses you!" I said "What a beautiful thing to say!"
Jenna gave me a huge smile and shoved the flower
blissfully to her nose.

Achooo! She sneezed loudly.

"Bless me!" She yelled.

"See mommy, I told you this flower blesses me. It ALWAYS
blesses me each time I smell it. I love this flower."

With that she skipped happily away.

4 comments:

Missy A said...

boo:P

Cynical Spinster said...

LOL! You found me! And quickly!

Cher said...

The beauty and outlook of a child...we should all keep it alive inside us.

Cynical Spinster said...

Hi mom! :)