Thursday, June 17, 2010

Kindergarten Baby...

Well, she is no longer a kindergarten baby. :( On the first day of school last August, I put Miss Autumn on the bus to start kindergarten. I thought I was going to be able to ride with her to the school like I did with her older sisters, but, apparently, because of liability issues, they do not allow parents to ride the bus with the kinders on the first day anymore. This is what Miss Autumn looked like when I told her that I couldn't ride the bus with her on the first day...(notice the giant aligator tears running down her cheeks.)



She must have adjusted to school pretty well, because this is Miss Autumn perched in her booster seat in the back of Tiny's truck on her last day of school...(she looks so much more grown up!)



And here she is with her teacher, Mrs. Phillips. We love Mrs. Phillips, she was Jenna's kinder teacher too!



This marks the end of a huge chapter in my life. For many years now I have had little ones at home in the mornings. My littlest is officially going to be in school all day this upcoming year. :( It makes me so sad to think that I won't be able to snuggle under blankets this winter and read books and watch morning cartoons (PBS Kids!) with a little one anymore. My kindergarten baby is officially going to be a Big Girl First Grader. Does that make me an old lady?

No comments: