Monday, September 3, 2007

The 5 Ws-part 1 of 6


Pic of my morning coffee and journal. Um, is it bad that i'm 30 and I have a Jack Sparrow journal? Haha.








When I was a kid I took a journalism class. (Yeah, I know, i've taken classes on just about everything it seems. I'm sorry, I have a short attention span-I like something for one class and the next semester it's a completely different major I want to study. Haha.) Anyways, in this journalism class, we got to do a big project at the end of the year-ours was the school yearbook. That project was seriously a lot of fun. In the beginning of the year though, we just learned the basics of writing an article, etc. You know, those basics that start in school as soon as one can write: The Who, What, Where, and Why of every good article.

I'm taking that theme and running with it. I figure, if I am going to write a blog on a daily basis, people should get to know a little more about the person BEHIND the blog. I'm not a writer, and I don't get paid to blog. I'm a real person and I live a real life. Hopefully by having this tiny spot in the universe I can convey a bit of my life, my SELF, to the outside world. After all, everyone wants their 15 minutes right? It seems the voyeur in all of us loves to hear about other peoples lives, their celebrations, their trials and tribulations. This is one of the things that makes blogging so popular-it's sort of the 'standing around chatting over the back fence with neighbors' of the internet, amirite? Maybe, just maybe, somebody out there will be interested in what I have to say.

With that I am going to embark (yes, I said embark-that word is so cool-it reminds me of a National Geographic show where they are "EMBARKING on a trip to the wilds of Tanzania!" or something. It just OOZES adventure! /end digression) on a series of posts about (who else?) myself. In this life I live, I am often not identified as actually ME. I have several children, and I am always "Gwen's mom", "Christian's mom", that lady with a bunch of kids, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love being those things. They shape my life and bring me joy in ways I can't even begin to express. They are a PART of who I am, of course. When I write, often times it is all about the kids. That is fine as well, I love my children and they are a HUGE part of my life. I hardly ever write solely about me. My challenge, then, to myself, is to write a series of posts entitled 'who, what, where, when, and why'. These posts will be about me, my life, my outlook on life, and generally whatever else I feel like throwing in there. (To my few subscribers, you are at my mercy! Bwahahahahaha!) Each 'W' will have a separate post, and all will be under the tag Who What Where When Why. Maybe by the time this series of posts is over, you will have gotten to know me a bit better.

This, then, is my introductory post for this project, which will be under the same tag as the rest. I guess that would make it post #1 in a 6 part series.

Be on the lookout! The 5 w's are coming soon to a feed reader near you! Until tomorrow, I hope you are having a lovely Labor Day weekend,
Car

No comments: