Friday, March 13, 2009

Autumn Loves Snails...

I mean really, really LOVES snails. I have found them in bed with her. I have found them in her toy dresser. One night at the dinner table I heard her talking very quietly to something near her plate. I looked closely and there was a snail on her tortilla and she was lovingly trying to feed it a pinto bean that was half it's size.

Photobucket

So, imagine my delight when, this morning, while I was helping a neighbor find their lost pet rat, I found the Super Secret Snail Hideout. (Shh, don't tell anybody.) My neighbors probably thought I was a nut when I went into the house, got my camera, and came back out to snap pictures of, well, what else? Snails.

Photobucket

You might not believe it, but snails are actually pretty easy models to work with. They don't run off, they don't make funny faces, they move quite slowly so you don't have to worry about them losing their pose when you take a shot. Obviously you won't be able to get a whole lot of action shots, but, hey-there is beauty in simplicity.

Photobucket


Here, then, in this post, I present to you a couple of photos from Autumn's new photo collage of snails (coming soon to an art museum near you). The theory behind my snail photo collage is this: she is welcome to take the pictures to bed with her, to the dining table with her, anywhere her little heart desires. Hopefully she will leave the actual live snails at home with their "snail family".

Photobucket

**Blogger is still not letting me upload my photos. Please excuse the huge and way too small photos in my posts as I relearn how to use photobucket to add pics to my blog.