Thursday, March 5, 2009

Prayers answered...

can be a funny thing. God has this strange way of answering prayer sometimes. Take my prayer to get up in the morning, for instance...ever since I prayed for Him to help me get up earlier, I have found that He has placed things in my life that actually make me HAVE to get up earlier. For example, my neighbor came to me a week or two ago and explained to me that sometimes she has to go in to work early (I mean really early-she has to be there by 6.) Her teenage girls watch her 10 year old son until they leave for school at 6:55, at which point she does not want her son to be alone until it is time to walk to the school bus stop. She asked if I would kindly watch him on the mornings she goes in early and walk him to the bus stop with my girls. I told her i'd love to. I really feel like it is part of Him answering my prayer to get up earlier. So, this morning when I woke at 6:35 and the sun was already mostly up behind the gray puffy clouds, I got out of bed and got myself some coffee so i'd be a bit awake already when my young charge got here. I enjoyed the solace of the morning (for a few minutes at least) and I got my dishes put away and some minor things done before the kids got up. It feels like I had a total head start to my morning!

Matthew 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

To my delight, (and our family's benefit) another thing I have been praying for was granted to our family recently. We needed a vehicle pretty badly. (It is hard to go grocery shopping among other things around here with no working vehicle and several children. Public transportation in our area leaves much to be desired.) We have been bessed with a "new" van! It's a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country. It's in great shape, has less than 78,000 miles on it and it has only had one previous owner! I'm so excited! Please pray for us that we will be able to keep up our small monthly payments for the next two years. :)

I will insert pictures later, blogger is not letting me upload pics this morning for some reason. :/