Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Field Day

Last night, Gwen and Jenna diligently packed their Trader Joe's totebags with a fresh towel each, some sunscreen, and a change of clothing. Today was to be Field Day at school, in which they would enjoy water balloon hot potato games, a BBQ, and lots of other fun summer day activities.


This morning I woke to see hail bouncing off of the roof across the way outside my window, accompanied by lightning flashes and huge rumbles of thunder. I had them dress warmly but still let them take their totes just in case it warms up. It's 10:30 a.m. and it's still overcast and muggy. I hope it warms up so that they can do all of the fun activities they had planned at school!


Gwen said that it rained because Autumn doesn't get to go to school and have water day so God sent her her own water day. :) I told the kids that when they hear really loud thunder it means God is bowling with the angels and he just got a strike. Do you think God yells "YESSS!" and dances around when he gets a strike? That would be awesome.


The kids get out of school on Friday for the summer. I can't wait to have them home with me again. This summer is going to be so fun!


I'm on dial up now, so I will have to play around with trying to upoad pics. I don't know how well it will go with a slower connection. But as Bob, my internet provider says, "Better slow than no!" LOL!