Monday, January 5, 2009

January 4th/5th, 2009

We went to the snow yesterday, as kind of a last hurrah before school starts. We had to go all the way up Mount Baldy near the ski lifts because most of the snow had melted. There were SO many people there! We borrowed the church van and took another family from the church, and two sleds.

Unfortunately we weren't at the snow for very long...shortly after we got there, this lady came hauling butt down the mountain and plowed into me. Instead of going down the part of the hill the rest of the sledders were sliding down, she decided to sled down where the spectators were standing. I was the first spectator and boom! Down I went. I didn't even see her coming. I spent last night at the hospital-I got bruised really badly on my ribs and where my left kidney is, but the doc said my kidney function looks ok and that i'm probably just going to be really sore for the next few days. The left side of my body HURTS. Elbow, shoulder blade, ribs, sore abdominal muscles, and pain all around my kidney area. Not fun. I'm taking it easy today and trying to relax.

My sister is out at Loma Linda hospital having a biopsy on her lymph node today...I keep calling the house to see if they got home yet, and if they know anything today that we didn't know yesterday.

I'm so cold, I think i'll make a white bean/sausage soup for dinner to help warm up the house (and me.)