Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, without a working camera, my blog will be pretty drab for now. I am a very visual person and I find myself less interested in blogging when I don't have pictures to accompany it...

For New Year's Eve we went to our church at 7, until almost 11, and played games and put together puzzles and stuff. We had cookies and goodies and snacks. It was a really nice, relaxing time, only a handful of people showed up so it was nice and cozy feeling.
We left at almost 11 to go to my mom's and we hung out there for a while and chatted with mom and sis, played Twister, and yelled Happy New Year at midnight, lit off some crazy fireworks my sister had been saving (including an M-80, which scared the nonsense out of us and the neighbors lol.) My sis lit a fire in the firepit but it was SO COLD outside we didn't want to go out there! LOL!

It was a really nice evening, and we spent it with loved ones-that's all that really matters, I say. :) Being the party poopers we are, we went home to bed shortly after midnight-but we went back to mom's and continued the family fellowship on New Year's Day.

I think this is the first year that I haven't made any resolutions at all. I mean, I do have goals for this year, but I don't have anything that I am trying to use as a "New Year's Resolution". I never keep them anyways, haha.

Last year I really found God. I thought I had known him all my life, but I was wrong. I had never really known him the way I do now. I went through some pretty rough stuff at the beginning of 2008 and it really drew me to Him. As a result, it helped me to teach my family about him as well. My 13 year old son was baptized at the beginning of last summer, and I was baptized in August. I still struggle with stuff, but He has changed me so much just in the course of less than a year. I am learning to lean on Him and to be the woman He wants me to be.

This year I will be focusing on being better as a keeper of my home. I plan on studying more of the verses in the Bible that pertain women being good stewardesses, and applying that knowledge in my own life. (I am great at studying, not so good at applying.)I will also be trying to bring my family closer as a whole, to each other, and to Him. I am trying to teach them His love.